Friday, February 5, 2010

Hang In There!!!

I had a couple requests for a new post the other night so I thought I would post some pics to tide you over until I turn this blog over to a new domain name. I'm still working out some kinks but my blog will be ready soon, I promise!

Last month, my sister and I headed to Fort Lee, New Jersey to celebrate my mom's birthday. We checked out a seafood dim sum place on Main Street called Silver Pond. After Erica and my failed attempt to eat dim sum, I've been really craving it!

Here are a few pictures of our eats... (I've labeled what I remembered)




fried tofu with shrimp on top


dumplings...probably shrimp


scallion pancakes, my fav!


eggplant with...wait for it...shrimp


possibly fried shrimp with bacon?


sweet sesame mochi-like things


me and the birthday girl!


sister!


And the picture was my favorite dessert - egg custard - that was a big FAIL. As you can see, it's pretty undercooked. Sigh.

The other day my dad and I watched a Japanese tv show that featured Gal Sone who can put away ridiculous amounts of food. She ate 50 plates of dim sum dishes for LUNCH. She had huge amounts of food before and after. So fascinating yet so disturbing... However, after watching it, it made me crave more dim sum.

Please let me know if you know of any good dim sum places in the city!

2 comments:

  1. If you find a place, I would happily accompany you. Dim sum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp-tastic! I miss Shi's Eating. When is the big re-launch?!?

    ReplyDelete